Job no: 492048
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Support Services, Human Resources
About the Company
CORONADO GLOBAL RESOURCES is a publicly listed company on the Australian Stock Exchange.
CORONADO GLOBAL RESOURCES is the 5th largest producer of high-quality metallurgical coal in the world. Our global operations are located in two of the largest and most productive metallurgical coal basins in the world, the Bowen Basin in Queensland, Australia and the Central Appalachian region of the US, servicing customers throughout the Asia-Pacific, Americas and Europe.
About the Role
Coronado currently has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and highly motivated Payroll Administrator to join our Payroll team based at our headquarters in Brisbane.
Reporting to the Manager People & Culture, you will responsible for ensuring the timely, accurate and successful data entry and processing of the Wages weekly and Staff monthly payroll, delivering system and statutory compliance.
Your specific accountabilities will include:
- Responding to payroll queries;
- Manage all external reporting requirements including for super, payroll tax, single touch payroll, and others as required from time to time;
- Identifying, analysing, and interpreting data to identify trends or patterns in payroll to assist with Management decisions;
- Communicating changes to system, process, or legislation;
- Actively participate in system improvement initiatives including testing;
- Coaching and engaging supervisors in regard to leave management;
- Managing End of Month and End of Financial Year processes and obligations; and
- Adhoc Reporting to suit business requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Success in this role will be measured by your attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, communication and interpersonal skills, and the following other key criteria:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience overseeing the payroll processes of a large sized industrial/mining organisation.
- Relevant formal qualifications are desirable;
- Extensive payroll systems knowledge and experience (Oracle, SAP or other large scale payroll ERP or similar is advantageous);
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel;
- Knowledge of payroll and employment legislation and compliance issues, including the ability to interpret enterprise agreements;
- Knowledge of remuneration and benefits issues including novated leases, taxation, superannuation and long service leave; and
- A continuous improvement outlook and interest in incorporating technology where possible to create efficiencies in payroll processes.
This is a unique opportunity for a challenging role with one of the world’s largest metallurgical coal producers.
Coronado offers industry competitive rates and you will have the opportunity to join an enthusiastic and talented group of professionals.
Coronado values collaboration, taking accountability, showing respect for others and striving for excellence in all that we do.
People’s effort and performance are acknowledged and rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Application close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend